This visual studies assignment was based around projected images. A number of items were initially projected onto walls using an OHP. I have a special interest in hand made lace, and as some of the items were machine made lace, I used this as a reason to branch off into lace as a source.
I also photographed cobwebs with frost on, in the garden and used these as a source.
The idea was initially, to use black and white, with the designs being based around the silhouettes created by the projected images.
When the designs were taken into print, you could then reintroduce colour into the designs, but I decided against this and used monochrome for this assignment.
The prints were then subsequently embellished by various means to enhance the print.
- Visual Studies - Shine a light
- Two designs with inspiration from plants and...
- Two designs with the inspiratio...
- Two designs in black and white.Motifs taken fro...
- Two mood boardsfor interiors. Back
- Print specialism
- Print, with additional print motifs applique...
- Print with hand made bobbin lace appliquéd t...
- Print embellished with wool, needle felted...
- Print with additional machine embroidered moti...
- Print with printed motifs appliqued and free ...
- Print on muslin, with hand worked pulled t...
- Print Specialism
- ▼ February (13)
- Louise West
- I started university later in life than most of my collegues, being a mature student. I have gained a huge amount from my BA, and I am now furthering my knowledge and experience with engagement on MA ADAPT course which I started in January 2010. Some of my BA work is on this blog, along with other textiles and a commission connected with Lace. I am also teaching lace with a class held weekly in Nottingham. Other weekend courses to follow and talks in areas of lace history.