Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Jacquard Weave Project

Assignment 2, Year 2.
The brief for this project was to work in a group of six. To come up with a company name for the group and a logo. This was the logo, and the company 'Cutting Edge Weaving'.

We had to design fabrics from the visual research, for textiles for interiors for a couple, Kelly and Sid who have a seaside apartment. The couple wanted to reflect their love of the seaside in the textiles. They particularly want fabric for a heavy door curtain, a winter weight throw and for a felted log bag.
The following fabrics are what I designed for this brief.

All the fabrics were woven on a Jacquard loom, and then finished with various techniques to embellish and enhance the designs.

Back

No comments:


About Me

My photo
I started university later in life than most of my collegues, being a mature student. I have gained a huge amount from my BA, and I am now furthering my knowledge and experience with engagement on MA ADAPT course which I started in January 2010. Some of my BA work is on this blog, along with other textiles and a commission connected with Lace. I am also teaching lace with a class held weekly in Nottingham. Other weekend courses to follow and talks in areas of lace history.