Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Holiday Location - my source - Japan



The brief for this project was to take a holiday location, and to bring back an object, a texture and a memory, which were to be incorporated into the design.

I have not been to Japan but have great interest in the country, having friends from there and an interest in their craft of Kumihimo and Bonsai.

I wanted to reflect my interest in the culture of the country.
I hope I manage to capture the essence in this work.
First piece of visual studies.
















Second piece of visual studies










Third visual studies piece.
The hair ornaments fascinated me on this piece.!












No comments:


About Me

My photo
I started university later in life than most of my collegues, being a mature student. I have gained a huge amount from my BA, and I am now furthering my knowledge and experience with engagement on MA ADAPT course which I started in January 2010. Some of my BA work is on this blog, along with other textiles and a commission connected with Lace. I am also teaching lace with a class held weekly in Nottingham. Other weekend courses to follow and talks in areas of lace history.