Sunday, May 27, 2007


My final piece of work for this assignment was a table runner, inspired by the caterpillar colours.
It was woven in cream cotton thread, 4 rows of plain weave followed by one patterned row of overshot pattern. The overshot rows were woven using a thicker strong thread. After weaving the overshot pattern rows were pulled up and tied both sides, and then the fabric was dyed using procion cold water dyes, green on one side and yellow on the other. After the dyeing process was complete and the fabric had dried, the tied threads were cut and withdrawn, revealing the dyed patterning on the fabric.


Back

No comments:


About Me

My photo
I started university later in life than most of my collegues, being a mature student. I have gained a huge amount from my BA, and I am now furthering my knowledge and experience with engagement on MA ADAPT course which I started in January 2010. Some of my BA work is on this blog, along with other textiles and a commission connected with Lace. I am also teaching lace with a class held weekly in Nottingham. Other weekend courses to follow and talks in areas of lace history.